If you are pregnant, you should be aware about some changes with your skin during this period.
There is high probability of getting stretch marks while you are waiting for a baby. This is a great problem for the majority of expectant mothers.
It is very difficult to get rid of current stretch marks, so you should undertake something to prevent them.
Let’s find out with stretchmarskhelp.com what exactly those unsightly scars are and why they appear.
What are Stretch Marks?
Skin stretch marks look like indented lines or streaks. In general, they are discolored, but sometimes they can be red or purple. Colored stretch marks can fade after a while, but they almost never disappear completely.
Stretch marks can appear on your breasts, abdomen, thighs and hips.
The reason is that your skin is unable to adapt to quick stretching during the periods of intensive expanding. The lack of elasticity provokes stretch marks.
The look of your marks depends on heredity and the type of your skin.
There are some factors, which can increase the probability of stretch mark appearance on your body:
- Too fast weight gaining when you are pregnant.
- Dry skin is less elastic and can be torn easier.
- The elasticity of the skin is decreased in older mothers, because of lower levels of collagen.
- Dark skin colour is one of the risk factors as well.
About 80 % of pregnant women suffer from stretch marks on their body.
How to prevent stretch marks
It is much easier to prevent those marks than to cure them.
For many centuries, pregnant women have been trying to use some ointments and creams in order to prevent the nasty scars.
There is a variety of beauty products designed for stretch marks prevention. Some of them are rather expensive and claimed, while others are not so popular, but still pretty effective as well.
What is the best choice?
You may have a lot of questions while choosing a product for scar prevention purposes.
You should do some research and read different reviews to take an informed decision. Don’t read manufacturer’s websites. You will be better off to visit such independent platforms as, for example, Amazon.
Some very popular products cannot satisfy user needs because of their low effectiveness, skin irritation or unpleasant smell. You are to find the product that will suit you perfectly.
A good way to find out if the product is worthy is to read its reviews. You can also find some videos or forum comments about the product of your choice.
Some of the most popular products for stretch marks prevention are the following:
- Revitol. This is a widely used product, which is available from both online and offline stores. It has a lot of great reviews and a reasonable price.
- Trilastin-SR, a stretch mark cream. This is a pretty expensive product, but it features high effectiveness.
- Cocoa Butter from Palmer. Many pregnant women trust this product and choose it because of its low price and high effectiveness.
All these products can supple and moisturize you skin, which is a basis for stretch marks prevention.